Saturday, May 14, 2011

I'm Back!

Last week was just plain awful. My 20 miler with 15 at MP turned into a 19 miler with barely 5 at MP. I was weak, slow and in pain. It was the most depressing run of my training. I took time off before the run and it didn't help, I was just too sick still. I hated it.

This week though, I'm finally better and today I successfully ran a 15 miler with 13 at MP. Today's weather was not that great, low 60s with high humidity and 60% chance for rain. It was sprinkling a little bit when I started but seemed to be holding off. Again, I said seemed... about mile 11 it started to rain, pour actually. It stayed steady for a good 3.5 miles, I was completely soaked. But, I still maintained my pace and felt strong. The last 1/2 mile it cleared up and I got back to the car almost dry. With the exception of the rain and a little wildlife, (a chipmunk tried to trip me twice!) this was a fantastic run.

I am feeling SO much better about my training and about the marathon... which is only 2 weeks away now! I can't believe it, I've finished 16 weeks of training and now its all downhill from here. Time to start thinking about race day game plans and what my approach will be. Any suggestions for a first time marathoner with a 9:00 min goal pace? I'd love to hear them!

No comments:

Post a Comment