Friday, May 6, 2011

The Good, The Bad and The Sick

Yes, I've had some good runs during my marathon training. Yes, I've had some bad runs during my marathon training. I can officially say that I've now been sick during my marathon training.

And what does that mean really? Well, it means I haven't run since last Saturday when I killed a 24 mile run. Yes, it went awesome and yes I ran 24 miles. I followed that run up two days of cross training.

Tuesday came and I was ready to kill it on an 8 mile tempo run... or not. I woke up with a sore throat that proceeded to take everything out of me and I left work that day at 3pm to go home and rest. No running.

Wednesday rolls around, I wake up feeling worse, call in sick for work and spend the entire day in bed. No running.

Then Thursday comes, I'm better but not 100%, I get winded and light-headed walking to the car, argh. No running.

Now it's Friday, the day before the hardest run of my marathon training plan, 20 miles with 15 miles at MP. I haven't run since last Saturday. Needless to say I'm not feeling very optimistic. I'm hoping to do a very short run today, 1-2 miles with some accelerations, per request from my coach. But seriously, how much is this sickness going to affect my marathon, it's only 3 weeks away and I've lost almost an entire week of training. I have no idea what will happen tomorrow.

Yes I'm feeling sorry for myself, please take pity on me. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment