Saturday, February 5, 2011

Marathon Training: Week 2 Complete

Just finished up my last training run of the week, it was a 10 mile progression run. I headed to the gym to hit my trusty treadmill, which was apparently a good thing since the weather turned to blizzard-like conditions while I was there! So with my progression run I started out with 4 miles at a 10 min pace, then I increased to my MGP of 9 min for the next 3 miles and finally ended the last 3 miles at HMGP which was 8:30. I think the run went really well. I was tired at the end but not too tired to where I thought I couldn't do more. I am looking forward to my longer runs increasing and seeing how well I can manage the additional distance past the half marathon distances. Only time will tell, but for now I'm feeling pretty good about my training.

No comments:

Post a Comment