Saturday, February 19, 2011

It took 32 years...

... but I officially consider myself a runner! I've wanted to be a runner for some time, and I dabbled in it here and there, but I really believe that in the last year I've committed and have become an actual runner. This week I turn 32 and this last year has probably been one of the best of my life. And these are the reasons why:

- Lost 75lbs!
- Ran my first (and second) half marathon
- Participated in 7 races (5k, 10k & half marathons) and improved my time for each one.
- Committed to running a full marathon

This year I hope will be just as good or come in a close second, with the following goals:

- Maintain my new weight
- Finish my first marathon under 4 hours
- Run my second marathon even faster
- PR again in the 5k, 10k and half marathon distances

I've just finished week 4 of my marathon training plan and so far, so good. I'm looking forward to getting through my half marathon that is in about 5 weeks. Once that is over its all about marathon training only. I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment