Monday, January 31, 2011

Marathon Training: Week 2, Run 1

A 5 mile tempo run at an 8:12 pace with a 1 mile warm-up and .5 mile cool-down. This is the exact same training run I did one week ago. My goal is to decrease my heart rate as the plan progresses. I was not successful this time, my heart rate was pretty much the same as the last time I did this run. I'm hopeful that next week will show some improvements.

For the first time in a long time I met up with a friend at the gym to run on the treadmill. I found it a bit difficult to communicate and concentrate on the run at the same time. I'm so used to being a solo runner these days its very challenging to divert attention away from my goals. I think once I get outside I'll be able to adjust a little better, I just hope my training pace goals won't make it too tough for us to still get together and run.

Another snow storm is on the way, that means at least another couple weeks inside for sure. Bummer dude.

No comments:

Post a Comment