Saturday, December 3, 2011

No BQ attempt for CIM

It's been a rough and interesting training cycle for CIM. I've been injured, disappointed and had to re-adjust goal paces. No longer am I going for a BQ as I so desperately wanted, now it's simply an attempt at a new PR. Sitting here just finishing up breakfast and reflecting on my training... I don't want to say I'm bummed, but I'm a little bummed. I really wish I was going for the BQ. I know that getting a PR is good too, but there is just that level of accomplishment by qualifying for a race that requires you be able to run a certain pace to actually compete in it. I was hoping I might have something interesting to say, but it seems the only thing on my mind is the fact that I'm not running for a BQ. This is the first time I've sat down and really thought about the race and my goals... not having an excited or nervous reaction is sort of anticlimactic. I suppose that tonight or tomorrow morning I'll finally get the butterflies and start getting nervous about the race, but it doesn't seem to be the same. I think this is a good lesson for me to experience, not every race will be great or successful and I should appreciate the fact that I'm going for a 14 minute PR only 6 months after my first marathon... I SHOULD appreciate that... I WANT to appreciate that. Good luck to all the runners at CIM tomorrow, may we all accomplish our goals for the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment